Tony ZamparuttiAssociate Senior Manager
Areas of expertise
- Environmental policy work programmes
- Impact assessments, ex ante and ex post policy evaluations
- Quality assessment and quality control processes
- Economic, scientific and legal analysis
- MA, International Affairs and International Economics, School of Advanced International Studies, Johns Hopkins University, Washington DC, USA
- BS, Political Science, MIT, Cambridge MA, USA
- English, Italian, French
Tony Zamparutti has over 25 years of experience in policy and economic analysis.
He has led numerous studies for European institutions on topics ranging from water management to climate adaptation to solid waste management. He has managed and contributed to ex post policy evaluations of EU policies and legislation as well as ex ante impact assessments of policy proposals: in his work, he has helped European institutions identify and assess options to address new policy challenges, and he has gathered inputs from stakeholders via interviews and written questionnaires. He has also analysed spending by European Structural and Investment Funds.
He gained international experience in his seven years as an official of the OECD Environment Directorate, where his work included assessments of environmental financing in the Russian Federation and of donor country support for environmental projects in Eastern Europe as well as the development of environmental indicators and reporting systems. He contributed to OECD Environmental Performance Reviews of Central and Eastern European countries. He has also worked as a freelance consultant in Italy, where he studied environmental conflicts and edited a web site on salt marsh restoration.
Tony is a citizen of Italy and the US.