Areas of expertise
- Fundamental rights and the rule of law
- Judicial cooperation in criminal, civil and commercial matters
- Internal market
- Digital law and privacy rights
- EU law LL.M, College of Europe, Bruges, Belgium
- Master of EU law, Faculty of Law and Politics, Aix-Marseille University
- Completion certificates, Seminar of European and Comparative Law, Urbino “Carlo Bo” University, Urbino, Italy
- French, English, Italian, Spanish, Dutch and Japanese
Sophie Patras is a French national who joined Milieu as a Legal Trainee in September 2023. She holds a Master’s degree in EU law from the Faculty of Law and Politics of Aix-en-Provence, and graduated from the College of Europe’s Bruges campus in 2019. Sophie is specialised in fundamental rights, internal market law and judicial cooperation, as well as in digital and new technology matters. Sophie has developed her career in both legal and policy matters. After working for two law firms in Marseille and Brussels, she did a traineeship at the General Court of the European Union where she worked on EU staff matters and intellectual property. She then worked as a trainee legal and policy advisor for the Belgian and Luxembourg Bar Associations where she worked, among other topics, on the 2021 anti-money laundering proposals, the proposal for a regulation on parenthood, and the successive trains of EU sanctions against the Federation of Russia. Before joining Milieu she was the legal advisor of a digital services company specialised in IT outsourcing services and health data hosting.
Sophie speaks French, English and Italian fluently and has also a basic knowledge of Spanish, Dutch and Japanese.