Areas of expertise
- Fundamental rights
- Rule of Law & Justice
- European and international law
- Legal research and analysis
- Master of Laws in International Human Rights Law, Faculdade de Direito da Universidade de Lisboa (PT)
- Portuguese bar qualification (Ordem dos Advogados) (PT)
- Erasmus exchange programme, Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität, Munich (DE)
- Law degree, Faculdade de Direito da Universidade de Lisboa (PT)
- Portuguese, English, Spanish
Filipa Homem is a Portuguese national, working at Milieu as an Advisor. Ms Homem joined our team in May 2022.
She holds a law degree, from the Universidade of Lisbon, in Portugal, and a Master’s degree in international human rights law from the same university, having dedicated her master thesis to the relation between the human rights protection system established by the European Convention on Human Rights and the Portuguese fundamental rights protection system, which was later published by Almedina. Ms Homem is a qualified lawyer with over seven years of work experience in legal research and legal writing. Her main areas of expertise include fundamental rights law and civil and criminal justice.
Prior to joining Milieu, Filipa Homem worked for the Directorate-General of Justice Policy of the Portuguese Ministry of Justice, dealing mostly with EU and international law, and was directly involved in the Portuguese Presidency of the Council of the EU during the first semester of 2021, having co-chaired the Working Party on Fundamental Rights, Citizens Rights and Free Movement of Persons (FREMP). She also worked in law firms in Portugal and was a stagiaire at the European Court of Human Rights. Besides her native Portuguese, Ms Homem also speaks English and Spanish fluently, and has a good command of German and French.