Elena Fries-TerschSenior Advisor
Areas of expertise
- Free movement & labour mobility
- Social security & integration
- Gender equality
- Quantitative and qualitative research
- Project management
- MA, Sociology, Institute for Sociology, University of Vienna (AT)
- Translation Studies (no degree obtained; English and Spanish), Institute for transcultural communication, University of Vienna (AT)
- BA, Sociology, Institute for Sociology, University of Vienna (AT)
- German, English, French, Spanish
Elena Fries-Tersch comes from Austria and recently joined Milieu as a survey specialist. She holds a BA and MA in Sociology from the University of Vienna. During her studies, she focused on social ecology and sustainable development, international migration and asylum as well as quantitative data analysis. Her Bachelor’s thesis evaluated environmental management, focusing on EMAS and ISO 14000. For her Master’s thesis, on the ‘Functions of English language competence for the integration of refugees in Austria’, she developed and conducted a survey with asylum seekers and refugees.
During internships at the Institute for Social Ecology in Vienna and at UNESCO in Montevideo, Elena worked on sustainable tourism in biosphere reserves in Austria and in Latin America/Caribbean. After graduation, she interned at the Institute for Co-operation in Development Projects, writing articles on Austrian companies’ CSR strategies and their involvement in international development. Prior to joining Milieu, Elena was a trainee at the European Commission in DG HR, where she conducted a satisfaction survey among employees and worked on internal communication projects.