Areas of expertise
- EU regulatory framework
- Human rights law
- Employment law
- Data protection law
- Project management
- Certified Data Protection Officer, European Center on Privacy and Cybersecurity, Maastricht University (NL)
- LL.M. in European Law, Faculty of Law, Economics and Governance, Utrecht University (NL)
- Erasmus Exchange Programme , Faculty of Law, Heidelberg University (DE)
- Pre-Bologna Degree in Law, Faculty of Law, University of Ljubljana (SI)
- Slovenian, English, German
Ela Omersa is a Slovenian lawyer who joined Milieu as a Legal Advisor in November 2019.
Ela holds a degree in law from the University of Ljubljana and an LLM in EU law from the Utrecht University. During her master’s studies, Ela mostly focused on human rights law and topic of harmonization and implementation of EU law. Her thesis “Harmonizing Human Rights in Europe through the Charter of Fundamental Rights of the European Union” was awarded the Best Thesis Award 2011 on EU law by the Dutch European Law Society.
Prior to joining Milieu, Ela worked for several reputed international law offices in Slovenia while completing her judiciary traineeship at the Higher Court in Ljubljana. In early 2014 she was admitted to the Slovenian bar and in April 2019 she obtained Data Protection Officer Certification from Maastricht University. She has over seven years of total work experience in legal counselling and legal writing and has been involved in management of projects both for private and public law clients. Her main areas of legal expertise include EU regulatory framework, human rights law, employment law, data protection law and commercial law. In 2015, Ela worked as a Blue Book trainee at the DG for Employment, Social Affairs and Inclusion, where she worked on social dialogue topics.