Alicia McNeillAssociate Advisor
Areas of expertise
- EU environmental law
- EU policy making
- Policy research & analysis
- Qualitative and quantitative analysis
- Project management & coordination
- MSc, International Public Management and Policy, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Rotterdam (NL)
- Postgraduate Certificate, Public Policy, Victoria University of Wellington, Wellington (NZ)
- BA, German (major), Politics (major), Economics (minor), Victoria University of Wellington, Wellington (NZ)
- English, German
Alicia McNeill is a New Zealander who joined Milieu in August 2015. She holds a Master’s of Science from Erasmus University Rotterdam in International Public Management and Public Policy, with a final thesis comparing air quality policy at local, national, and EU levels. Her Bachelor of Arts and Postgraduate Certificate from Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, included Politics, German, Economics, and Environmental Management.
Since joining Milieu Alicia has worked on a number of environmental projects covering water (fresh and marine), soil, deforestation, chemicals, waste, and the SEA and EIA Directives. The projects have included evaluations/REFIT and implementation studies, EU and global policy mapping, updating EU-level guidance documents, drafting briefing papers and press releases, and analysis of qualitative and quantitative data.
Alicia gained experience interning at the New Zealand Embassy in The Hague, where she was involved with the prohibition of chemical weapons, and at a financial services public affairs consultancy in Brussels. She also has experience working as a freelance researcher working on environmental topics in both the public and private sectors.