Areas of expertise
- Rule of law
- EU law and policy on migration and asylum
- European area of criminal justice
- Legal research & analysis
- Quality assurance of compliance assessment studies
- Executive training in the Area of Freedom, Security and Justice,Institut d’Etudes Européennes (IEE-ULB), Brussels (BE)
- Master’s Degree in Law, Università degli Studi di Trieste, Trieste (IT)
- Italian, English, Spanish
Veronica is an Italian national, working in Milieu as Legal Advisor from January 2019. Since joining Milieu, Veronica has worked on various projects, in particular in the field of Asylum and Migration, Criminal Justice and Fundamental Rights. Veronica obtained a master’s degree in law from the University of Trieste (Italy), with a thesis on the assistance to victims of crime and reform perspectives in Italy based on international standards. She further specialised in EU law and policy on Migration and Asylum and EU Criminal Justice at the Institute for European Studies (IEE) – University of Brussels (ULB).
Prior to her joining Milieu, Veronica worked as EU Legal Compliance Officer at the UN Migration Agency (IOM), at the Brussels Regional Office, for nearly five years. In this context, she provided legal advice on implementation of migration related projects funded by the EU and was responsible for the negotiation of Framework Agreements between IOM and the EU. Prior to joining IOM, Veronica was a Blue Book Trainee at the European Commission in the Directorate General for Humanitarian Aid and Civil Protection (DG ECHO), in the Legal Affairs Unit. In this context, Veronica contributed to the assessment of NGOs applying to become signatory of the 2014 Framework Partnership Agreement, the revision of the Humanitarian Procurement Charter and the negotiation of funding agreements for UN Agencies.