Areas of expertise
- Justice issues (civil and criminal justice)
- Fundamental rights
- EU law and private international law
- Legal research and analysis
- Master in EU Criminal Law, Faculté de droit, de sciences politiques et de gestion, Université de Strasbourg, Strasbourg (France)
- Master’s degree in Law, Faculty of Law, University of Helsinki (Finland)
- Bachelor’s degree in Law, Faculty of Law, University of Helsinki (Finland)
- Finnish, French, English, and Swedish
Oona Mikkelä is a Finnish national who joined Milieu in December 2020 as a Legal Advisor. She holds a Master’s degree in Law from the University of Helsinki and a Master’s degree in European Criminal Law from the University of Strasbourg.
Prior to joining Milieu, Oona worked for almost three years at the Council of Bars and Law Societies of Europe (CCBE), dealing with various issues related mainly to the legal profession and the justice sector. Her previous experience also includes a five-month Schuman traineeship at the Legal Service of the European Parliament (at the Unit for Structural and Cohesion Policies) where she had the opportunity to work on different files related to culture, fisheries and transports’ policies, and another traineeship at the Finnish Government EU Affairs Department. Moreover, she worked as a Junior Lawyer / Legal Assistant at the National Land Survey of Finland for several years during her studies in Finland where she was responsible for taking independently registration decisions on titles, mortgages and special rights based on applications.