Areas of expertise
- Quantitative and qualitative research
- Evaluation and impact assessments
- Research, innovation, industrial policy
- Employment & migration
- Education & training
- PhD in Economics, University Paris-Dauphine, Paris (FR)
- LLM in EU Competition and Intellectual Property Law, Liège University, Liège (BE)
- Master’s degree in Economics of Labour and Innovation, , University Paris-Dauphine, Paris (FR)
- Maîtrise (MA 1) in Corporate Law, University Paris-Nanterre, Nanterre (FR)
- French, English
Emmanuel Hassan is a French national, working as a Manager at Milieu since August 2021. He has a background in both law and economics and has received an LLM in EU law from the University of Liège and a Ph.D. in economics from the University Paris-Dauphine.
Dr Hassan has over 20 years of professional experience in policy analysis. He has extensive experience in carrying out studies that aim to design, monitor, and evaluate public programmes and policies as well as manage complex multi-country projects for different clients. He also has considerable expertise in the quantitative and qualitative research methods and tools required for such work as well as knowledge of the political context in which these studies are conducted. His main areas of expertise include research and innovation, employment and migration, education and training, and competition and regulation. Dr Hassan has led numerous project teams and co-authored many reports in these areas.
Before joining Milieu, he worked as an independent policy consultant for over 10 years, providing strategic advice and project implementation services to EU institutions and other public sector clients as well as NGOs in Europe and elsewhere. Before establishing himself as an independent policy consultant, he worked at the OECD, the European Commission, and the RAND Corporation on various policy areas.