Caterina MariottiLegal Trainee
Areas of expertise
- State aid law
- Services of general economic interest
- Legal research and analysis
- PhD, LUISS University, Rome (IT) and Paris II Panthéon-Assas University, Paris (FR)
- LLM, Law and Government of the EU, LUISS School of Government, Rome (IT)
- LLM, International Law and Justice, Fordham University School of Law, New York (USA)
- Master’s Degree in Law, LUISS University, Rome (IT)
- Italian, English, French
Caterina Mariotti is an Italian national who joined Milieu as a Legal Trainee in January 2020. She holds a law degree from LUISS University in Rome, an LLM in international law from Fordham University in New York, an LLM in ‘Law and Government of the EU’ from the LUISS School of Government, as well as a PhD from LUISS and Paris II Panthéon-Assas Universities. Her PhD thesis explored the interaction between EU State aid law and social and health services.
During her time in academia, she worked as a teaching assistant for EU law and EU internal market law and was a Managing Editor for the law journal European Papers. She has authored several publications on different topics, including State aid, services of general economic interest and emissions trading.
Caterina also interned at the Court of Justice of the EU in the chambers of Advocate General Paolo Mengozzi and of the President of the General Court Marc Jaeger. She is a qualified lawyer and is fluent in English and French.