Areas of expertise
- EU legislation
- Quality assurance
- Conformity-checking studies
- Research & analysis
- Project management
- MA in European Political and Administrative Studies, College of Europe, Bruges (BE)
- MA, Maîtrise Droit, Droit international et européen, Université de Strasbourg, Strasbourg (FR)
- LLB, University of Leicester, Leicester (UK)
- Licence Droit , Université de Strasbourg, Strasbourg (FR)
- Romanian, French, English
Andrei is a Romanian national who joined Milieu in October 2017. Before joining Milieu, he worked for three and a half years with the World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF), where he was involved in a range of activities including initiating and supporting infringement procedures, coordinating project development, and lobbying for legal reform in Romania. He carried out these activities largely in the areas of energy, transport and environmental law. Apart from his NGO experience, he has also briefly worked in legal compliance and intellectual property law. In July 2017, Andrei completed a Blue Book Traineeship for the Clean Air Unit of DG Environment, where he mainly dealt with infringement procedures and data analysis.
Andrei is proud to hold two Law degrees in English and in French Law from the University of Leicester and the University of Strasbourg, as well as two Master’s degrees in International and European Law from the University of Strasbourg, and in European Political and Administrative Studies from the College of Europe in Bruges. His thesis explored the role of the EU at the Doha Climate Change Conference in 2012.