Lorna DempseyAssociate Senior Advisor
Areas of expertise
- Legal and policy research and analysis
- Environmental regulation and enforcement
- Project management
- Business development and proposal writing
- Quality assurance and editing
- B.L., Law, The Honorable Society of King’s Inns, Dublin (IE)
- LL.M., Environmental Law, University of Wales, Aberystwyth (UK)
- LL.B., Law , University of Dublin, Trinity College, Dublin (IE)
- English, French, Irish
Lorna Dempsey joined Milieu as a Senior Legal Advisor in February 2018. She is an Irish barrister specialising in Environmental Law. Lorna holds an LL.B. from the University of Dublin, Trinity College, and an LL.M. in Environmental Law and Management from the University of Wales, Aberystwyth.
Prior to joining Milieu, Ms Dempsey was the head of legal services in the irish Environmental Protection Agency. For almost ten years, she oversaw waste, water and resources efficiency prosecutions. She also advisedon the implementation of waste, water and resource effiency legislation and reviewed draft legislation in these areas. She has also practiced as a barrister and worked as a legal researcher. She has a broad experience in environmental regulation and enforcement.
Ms Dempsey coordinated an OECD Mission to Ireland on environmental compliance promotion programmes in small and medium enterprises. This Mission studied the National Waste Prevention Programme, including the Green Hospitality Programme and associated Awards.