Enviromental Policy Statement
Milieu, a consultancy focussing on environmental law and policy and other issues relevant to sustainable development, strives to put its environmental protection values into practice. Milieu seeks to understand the impacts of its activities on the environment, and to limit the negative impacts by adopting sound principles and practices, both within its immediate environs and in the wider community.
In this undertaking Milieu is committed to the following principles to:
- comply with the requirements of relevant legislation;
- encourage all staff to travel to work by foot, bicycle or public transport on a daily basis;
- choose train rather than air or car travel for missions to other cities and countries, and offset all carbon emissions generated by air travel;
- reduce energy consumption, where possible, by practicing responsible energy management, encouraging staff to use energy efficiently and using energy efficient equipment;
- make efficient and environmentally responsible use of water by using water saving devices;
- create a high quality working environment by discouraging litter and noise pollution;
- choose products and suppliers which minimise negative environmental impacts wherever possible;
- minimise waste by reducing consumption and developing effective waste management and recycling procedures;
- avoid unnecessary use of hazardous materials and processes, and to take all reasonable steps to prevent damage to either public or ecological health where such materials are in essential use;
- continue monitoring, auditing and improving environmental policies and practices.
These principles have been discussed and agreed among the Milieu team and will be regularly reviewed for continuous improvement of its environmental management practices.