ESIF in health
ESIF support in the area of health: building knowledge and capacities for monitoring and implementation, supporting innovation and effectiveness (2016-2017)
Client: Consumers, Health, Agriculture and Food Executive Agency
The objectives of the project are three-fold: (1) to complement the existing knowledge base on ESIF 2014-2020 investments for health on the basis of specific ESIF co-funded projects; (2) to assess how ESIF 2014-2020 investments for health can contribute to implementing EU health policy goals; and (3) to further develop capacities of the relevant actors in EU Member States and regions to support the effective and consistent implementation of ESIF for health. Throughout the project, special attention will be given to the topics of tackling health inequalities and supporting structural healthcare reforms.
The project is built around the following five Work Packages:
- WP1: Thematic mapping exercise (desk research + interviews in EU-28) of ESIF projects focusing on six specific thematic blocks (improving access to healthcare; supporting reform processes towards effective and resilient health systems; e-health and digital solutions; research and innovation in health and lifesciences; active and healthy ageing, healthy workforce, health promotion, disease prevention; health workforce).
- WP2: Analysis of ESIF support of health investments, aiming to identify 60 exemplary projects and to bring together, per thematic area, conclusions with regard to future ESIF investments in health (EU policy context).
- WP3: Organise six, 2-day capacity building thematic workshops (incl. peer review process and project visit) to transfer knowledge, tools and resources to support MS/regional authorities in the design, set-up and implementation of heath projects funded by ESIF.
- WP4: Dissemination activities, including the development of a dissemination strategy, project website, print publication (100 pages) and a dissemination conference (2-day event in Brussels).
- WP5: Overall management and project implementation; including a Steering Committee, composed of 4-5 MS representatives who will guide and advice on the successful implementation of the project.