Migration and home affairs
Framework contract- Impact Assessment, Evaluation and Evaluation related services in the area of Migration and Home Affairs (2015-2019)
Client: DG Migration and Home Affairs
The purpose of the contract is to provide mainly DG HOME but also other Commission services as well as European Police College (CEPOL), European Agency for the operational management of large-scale IT systems in the area of freedom, security and justice (eu-LISA), European Asylum Support Office (EASO), European Agency for the Management of Operational Cooperation at the External Borders of the Member States of the European Union (Frontex) and European Monitoring Centre for Drugs and Drug Addiction (EMCDDA) with timely evidence to support its impact assessment, evaluation and evaluation related activities.
The contract covers impact assessment, evaluation and evaluation related services to be carried out in the Migration and Home Affairs area, which includes the following policies (non-exhaustive list):
- Legal immigration and integration of third country nationals;
- Irregular migration and return;
- Management of the EU external borders;
- Large-scale IT systems (SIS, VIS, etc.);
- Crisis management and fight against terrorism;
- Fight against crime;
- Trafficking in human beings;
- Police cooperation and access to information;
- Anti-Drugs policies;
- Research, innovation and industry for security aspects;
- International aspects of the above-mentioned policies, such as:
- Understanding migration flows and demographic developments and comparisons with other third countries' migration policies;
- Promotion of EU values, interests, standards and best practices through cooperation with third countries;
- Conclusion of bilateral and multilateral agreements with partner countries and organisations;
-Establishment of operational cooperation with partner countries and organisations, including via the HOME agencies;
-Support to EU policies and capacity-building of third countries' authorities through efficient use of HOME funds;
-Ensuring coherence and complementarity between HOME funds and EU external cooperation instruments.
The contract also covers the assessment of the implementation of the above policies by the Member States.