Knowledge-based analysis and policy advice in the antidiscrimination field and the
EU 2020 Strategy
Client: DG JUST
The European Commission requires an informed analysis of national situations and policy developments with regard to discrimination on the grounds of age, ethnic or racial origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief and on other various grounds. The Commission also needs an understanding, through reliable data, of how discrimination affects economic growth in light of the EU2020 Strategy.
The Consortium, led by Milieu Limited:
1. provided a concise country overview on non-discrimination policies and legislation and prepare policy recommendations in the anti-discrimination area for each of the EU Member States;
2. supported the European Commission in mainstreaming non-discrimination policies in the EU2020 Strategy (produce thematic fiches; revise and analyse EU2020 country documents- including the drafting of recommendations);
3. provided regular media review of all EU Member States in relation to non-discrimination;
4. provided advice and expertise in different non-discrimination events and seminars; and
5. provided policy briefings on selected non-discrimination related topics.
To complete these tasks, Milieu carried out desk research, stakeholder consultation, media review and peer review to ensure the quality of the deliverables submitted to the European Commission.