Framework contract to provide services to support the development and implementation of EU freshwater policies
Client: DG ENV
This ongoing framework contract supports DG Environment on technical work for the implementation of EU directives for freshwater management, including the 2000/60/EC Water Framework Directive and the 2007/60/EC Floods Directive, as well as ongoing EU freshwater policy initiatives-notably the Blueprint to Safeguard Europe's Water Resources.
In work awarded, thus far, to the WRc consortium, Milieu Ltd is carrying out key tasks which include:
1. providing the topic lead on water governance for the review of river basin management plans prepared under the 2000/60/EC Water Framework Directive;
2. analysis of the detailed Programmes of Measures prepared in Italy under the 2000/60/EC Water Framework Directive;
3. analysis of the Preliminary Flood Risk Assessments in Italy, together with other work prepared to implement the 2007/60/EC Floods Directive;
4. support on the review of the annexes of the 2006/118/EC Groundwater Directive, and in particular on the public consultation on this topic;
5. analysis of information from Member States related to possible gaps identified by the European Commission in terms of fulfilling the requirements of EU water legislation, in particular in the framework of the EU pilot case approach prior to possible infringement cases.