Energy and transport
Framework Service Contract for the provision of services of legal, economic and technical assistance in the fields of energy and transport policies – Lot 1 – Legal assistance in the field of energy
Client: DG MOVE/ENER
The purpose of this framework contract is to provide legal assistance to DG Energy and DG Mobility & Transport in the design, preparation and implementation of EU policies, initiatives and legislative proposals in the field of energy, covering the following areas:
1. analysis and studies concerning the completion and smooth operation of the internal market in energy;
2. analysis of the conformity of the Member States national legislation as well as regulatory or administrative provisions with EU rules in the field of energy, as well as the application of these rules;
3. analysis of specific cases in order to check their compatibility with the rules of EU law;
4. studies of questions likely to be raised in the context of the formation of EU legislative initiatives, the application of directives with a view to their adaptation, and an examination of the relevant aspects of national, EU and international law;
5. studies and analyses of the legal or de facto national, international or EU situation relating to a particular sector of energy or companies, and covering questions relating to market liberalization with regard to the freedom of establishment of companies and freedom to provide services;
6. assessment and preparation of rules applicable to the energy sector relating to security, safety, interoperability and environmental protection;
7. analyses and studies of the legal aspects of EU external energy relations, including relationship between EU legislative initiatives and the particular international legal system;
8. assistance in the examination of certain legal files relating to energy;
9. analyses and studies concerning regulatory simplification for the energy sector.
The following specific contracts are being carried out under this framework contract:
1. assistance with the verification of compliance of national legislative measures implementing Directive 2010/31/EU on the energy performance of buildings (recast);
2. assistance with the verification of compliance of national legislative measures implementing Council Directive 2009/119/EC of 14 September 2009 imposing an obligation to maintain minimum stocks of crude oil and/or petroleum products.